All human beings have a common nature of facing difficulty in paying attention, sitting still can control their impulses. Generally, it occurs during any stressful situation. However, there are people who have this disorder of extreme restlessness. These people face the aforesaid problems most of the time and it affects their living.
In clinical terms, this disorder is known as Attention-Deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It falls in the genre of neurodevelopmental disorders that can affect human beings right from a young age. In fact, the worst part of this disease in the modern day is its presence among 11% of the students worldwide.
So, if you or any of your loved ones have this disorder, this article can be of your help. Here, you can know about the facts, symptoms, and treatments. For now, have a look at the following points:
ADHD: A Brief Overview
ADHD, as you already know is a neurodevelopmental disorder. So, you can expect that the symptoms would gain prominence with time. It can take a toll on your attentiveness and social behavior. However, it can lead you to a condition of hyperactivity that can be helpful for you.
If you are still concerned about what ADHD means, you should be aware that it is not madness. Nevertheless, the people around you might think that you are mad. So, you should always go for ADHD treatment measures. Well, before that, you need to go through the symptoms.
Symptoms Of ADHD
In this part of the article, you can go through the ADHD symptoms. Well, as there are different kinds of outbursts that the patients have, you can expect the symptoms of the disease to be diverse. However, the specialists have chalked out some prominent symptoms of this disease. Have a look at them below:
- ADHD patients have prominent hyperactivity during the toddler age.
- All victims of ADHD fail to retain their attentiveness and experience anxiety.
- No person with the disease can spare time to listen to something minutely.
- ADHD victims can lose things easily.
- The organizational disorder can occur in all patients with ADHD.
- Patients with this disease can talk excessively and have problems to be at rest.
- At times, ADHD patients can develop poor hand-eye coordination and even dementia-like symptoms.
So, these are the prominent symptoms that you can count on for considering someone with ADHD disorder. However, the physicians would check if a person has developed at least six symptoms from the above to term him/her as an ADHD patient.
Diagnosis Of ADHD
After the symptoms, you should know about the diagnosis process of ADHD. An overall ADHD test can be the best approach to check if someone has this disease. You can expect the doctor to carry out the test checking the severity of the symptoms. There are proper distinctions among the severity of symptoms that you need to know. Have a look at the following points to understand:
- Mild: In case of the mild symptoms of ADHD, you might experience less impairment. Moreover, you would be able to control that on your own. In both personal and social spheres, you might slightly feel disorientation.
- Moderate: In case of moderate ADHD symptoms, you might get uncontrollably hyperactive or impulsive. It is the time when you should reach out for medical help.
- Severe: In the severe ADHD condition, you might start experiencing all the probable symptoms of ADHD. At this stage, you might need treatment medicines. In this stage, the doctor might tell you not to indulge in social, school, or work settings till the symptoms do not blur.
Always remember to consult with the doctor at the earliest. By doing so, you can expect to live a healthy life with ADHD. Moreover, you can even reach a great position in your life making use of the ADHD symptoms in a positive manner.
As of now, you must already know what is ADHD. Well, now it is time to look at the treatment. There is no cure to this disease but behavior therapy and certain medications can help the patients to live healthy and free.
Ways To Manage Symptoms Of ADHD
There are various ways to manage the symptoms of ADHD. A pointwise list is given here:
- Getting into a healthy and balanced diet can help minimize the intensity of ADHD complications.
- Proper physical activity and workouts can lead your body to gain proper balance.
- Developing is proper sleep cycle is very important to get rid of the advanced complications of ADHD. The best you can do is take several naps a day.
- Reducing screen time can always help you to manage the ADHD disorder.
Neurogenic medicines: Neurogenic medicines can reduce the symptoms in all ADHD patients. Even the doctors can prescribe them according to the symptoms. However, they refrain from giving high doses as they have many side effects.
Moreover, the medicines for ADHD are habit-forming drugs. So, you should always stick to lower doses of this medicine.
Living With ADHD (Facts About The Disease)
This is the final and the most important part of the entire article. Here you can go through the facts related to living with ADHD. Have a look at the following points below:
- Early diagnosis and proper treatment can enable a human being with ADHD to live a normal life.
Advancement of the symptoms can make a person turn mentally retarded.
- Daily activities can be the best way to get rid of the complications of the disease.
- In case you are under medication, do not change or stop it without the suggestion of the physician.
Any neurological disease can be a curse to human life. It is because you can only manage most of the diseases and not cure them. ADHD falls in the same group. Probably, it is only the victim who knows the ADHD meaning.
Well, as you have read the facts given in this article, you can put all your efforts to live a happy and healthy life. The best would be that you win the battle with ADHD and show other victims the same road.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disease. It has symptoms like motor skills, impulse, and behavior disorder. There are certain medications and behavior therapy as treatment.
Ans: ADHD is a hereditary disease and can cause if one parent or sibling of a person has it.
Ans: The three main symptoms of ADHD are restlessness, Impulse disorder, and inattentiveness.
Ans: ADHD is treated by behavior therapy and certain medications.